Cowhide rugs have shown themselves to be a wonderful addition to any style of home. While used by many as a floor rug in the living room or bedroom of a home, did you know that cowhide can be used for a multitude of other decorating styles?
Cowhides on the Wall
While a cowhide rug looks absolutely stunning as a floor piece, these rugs can also add a sort of pizzazz to the walls in your home.
When thinking of just what wall to use, consider the following ideas:
- Cowhides can really make a bedroom pop by adding it on the wall on top of your headboard
- On the ceiling used as a medallion for a chandelier or fan using a small, neutral colored hide.
- On the walled combined with other accessories (such a backdrop for a painting, mirror, or animal horns)
Many of our customers have such creative and wonderful ideas that we have seen implemented in their homes. While we do sell cowhides as the natural products that they are, some customers have taken it a step further:
- Cowhides can be modified and used as wallpaper in a guest bathroom
- When designing coffered ceilings, consider adding patches of cowhide to each box.
As you can see, while using a cowhide as a rug can be a stunning decor idea for your home, there are many other applications that can really make your home stand out.
Have any ideas? We would love to hear about them!